Monday, July 14, 2008

workin' on the house


Just a bit of an update on our house remodel...





This is one of the first things Alex built for me. Isn't my white fence and arbor pretty?











This is our breakfast porch!






















This is our formal dining which is the latest remodel.






We have painted the walls, trim, floors and put in a black decorated ceiling tins. The ceiling is very high here and it is one of my favorite rooms. We can fit around 10 to eat in this room. The closet is a butler's pantry.


My bedroom is probably my favorite. It is chocolate brown and light teal. We had to completely start from scratch here. The original room was rough cedar walls with a franklin stove. We rebulit walls and a linen closet, took out the stove and put in new windows. Alex is an awesome handy-man. The ceilings are a very light shade of teal. They are also very high and are tin ceilings.
















We also had to take out a very small bathroom and a closet to make us a larger master bath. The floor was coming up and we could see layers of wallpaper back to about the 1930's! We started all over and did the brown and teal colors, put in cork floors, crackled our tin ceilings and Alex did another awesome job!! We kept the original tub, but everything else was new!













































MY CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your house. It looks great! I love the chocolate walls and the teal ceiling sounds neat! Take some pics of the ceiling so I can see the teal in contrast with the walls. I like the tin ceiling. I am thinking about doing that as well. Where did you get the tin ceiling? We are about to move out to Canyon Lake into a smaller house which can use some updating. It is something we will live in until we find some land out there that we like so we can then build a "green" house.